In the world of mobile, the mention of Taiwan immediately brings to mind ailing manufacturer HTC, and perhaps Asus, with its multitude of bizarre hybrid devices that no one actually wants.
But don’t forget about Acer! Everyone’s third favourite Taiwanese manufacturer is bringing no less than six new devices to Computex this week.
Said devices have been detailed in black and white ahead of, y’know, the actual unveiling, because NO ONE LIKES SURPRISES ANYMORE.
There’s quite a lot to cover here, and I am but one man, so I reckon I’ll go for bullet points. Ready?
- Acer Iconia Tab 8 tablet – 8in 1920 x 1200 IPS display, quad-core Intel Atom processor, “sleek” metallic finish, 7.5 hours of battery life “for uninterrupted multimedia enjoyment”, dual speakers
- Acer Liquid Z200 smartphone – 4in display, five colours (Titanium Black, Essential White, Fragrant Pink, Sky Blue, Sunshine Yellow), four modes (Basic Mode, Easy Senior Mode, Classic Mode, Keypad Mode)
- Acer Liquid Jade smartphone – 5in HD display with Gorilla Glass 3, 13MP rear camera, KitKat Android 4.4
- Acer Liquid Leap smartband – 1in display, rubber wristband, tracks fitness (steps taken, running distance, calories burnt, sleeping cycle), 5-7 days of battery life, call and SMS notifications, music controller for smartphones, five colours (Moonstone White, Mineral Black, Aquamarine, Fragrant Pink, Vivid Orange), bundled with Liquid Jade in “selected markets”
- Acer Liquid E700 smartphone – 5in HD IPS display, 3,500mAh “never-ending” battery offering 60 days standby or 24 hours talk time, quad-core processor, 16GB internal storage, 2GB of RAM
- Acer Liquid E600 smartphone – 5in IPS display, quad-core processor, 8MP rear camera, 4G-LTE compatibility
Phew! Presumably we’ll actually get to, like, see the things when Computex gets underway – tomorrow, officially. We’ll be looking for clarification on pricing and availability, too.