Three announces mobile broadband Wi-Fi hub

Three announces mobile broadband Wi-Fi hubI used to provide technical support for mobile broadband, and it was one of the most stressful and depressing but oddly entertaining periods of my relatively short life.

Mobile broadband seems to appeal to certain, erm, types (take from that what you will), and Three has announced that said types will soon be able to share their connection with other peeps via a Wi-Fi hub.

The ZTE-built contraption allows up to five devices – such as laptops, games consoles and tablets – to connect simultaneously. There’s also a cheeky Ethernet port for a bonus wired connection.

The Wi-Fi hub runs off the mains, so you won’t be able to use it out and about, but it does pump its signal for up to 30m.

David Kerrigan, Three’s head of mobile broadband, said: “The ZTE MF10 Dongle Adapter is a fantastic addition to Three’s range of mobile broadband devices, offering people the flexibility of being able to create a Wi-Fi hotspot making their existing dongle even more useful, if they already own an mobile broadband dongle.”

The exact price and release date will be announced soon.

On the 3 Store blurb, the network also mentions that it aims to have 80% of its network upgraded to HSPA+ by the end of 2011, with the remaining 20% following “soon afterwards”.

Read more about: 3 Mobile

Add a comment
0 comments
Email:

You don't need an account to comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

Comment: