We recently heard that BlackBerry 10 had slipped to Q1 2013 at the earliest (oh dear), and now, thanks to a leaked “strictly confidential” roadmap, we’re getting a clearer picture of what to expect and when.
Interestingly, in addition to the familiar BlackBerry 10 smartphones, there are a couple of tablets on the roadmap, as well as a pair of unknown devices.
Leaked to BlackBerryOS.com by an “anonymous source”, here’s what we’re told to expect (the BlackBerry London, of course, being an all touch device, while the BlackBery Nevada will have the traditional RIM QWERTY):
- 4G BlackBerry PlayBook - Q4, 2012
- BlackBerry 10 London/Nevada - Q1, 2013
- BlackBerry 10 Upgrade for PlayBook - Q1/Q2, 2013
- Unknown BlackBerry device codenamed "Nashville" - Q2/Q3, 2013
- BlackBerry 10 inch PlayBook "Blackforest" - Q3, 2013
- Unknown BlackBerry device codenamed "Naples" - Q3/Q4, 2013
In addition to the roadmap, BlackBerry 10 is tipped to launch in Europe first, some 3-4 weeks ahead of North America. Why? Well, it’s suggested that we’re less cynical than the North Americans (huh?), and that a successful launch in Europe could pave the way for similar success across the Atlantic.
Er, we’re thinking it’ll take more than that to win over the RIM naysayers.