Why are there some apps exclusive to iOS when more people use Android?
Most Useful Answer Stelph
Nov. 14, 2012 at 13:46
From what ive read it comes down to
1) Piracy issues on Android
2) The difficulty of coding an app that works on a whole range of processors/screen resolutions rather than just a small number like iOS
3) The fact that iOS owners tend to spend more on apps
Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:28
Why not? There are some exclusive to rim, and some to wp too for that matter.
Nov. 14, 2012 at 13:46
Nov. 14, 2012 at 14:08
Which is all well and good but doesn't stand up to much scrutiny
1) was certainly a lot on original playstation but didn't prevent huge numbers of games being developed for it. From what I've read the majority of the piracy is in markets where the apps aren't available legitimately on either format anyway. Piracy is clearly huge on pc too, but no shortage of programs for sale including some very expensive ones.
2) seems simplistic too as if that was a huge problem pc software would be very hard to find, even larger variety of processors and screen resolutions there.
3) possibly but is that as some of the apps android owners would buy aren't available
Basically though if a company is used to making ios apps and is doing rather well out of it why bother putting extra work into another format. Same way companies stuck with making macos apps rather than pc apps.
Above all that though if it is a serious app and works better on a larger tablet screen then there are far more ipads than android tablets at the moment so it makes more sense currently to develop for it. Will take some time for the tablet market to be equalised although more of those apps available could equalise it faster....
Could also be agreements in place for some to develop for ios only.
You don't need an account to comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.
Leave a comment and click submit. You can change your username if you like.
Please choose a username, then leave your comment and click submit.
Looks like you're already a member! Please enter your password. If you have forgotten your password, click here.
That username is invalid or already in use. Please try another username.
© 2017 Mobot. All rights reserved.