Android Developers has announced that the full Software Development Kit for Honeycomb (Android 3.0) is now available. They’ve cranked the API level to 11, which essentially means developers can write and test apps, and publish them to the Android Market.
We won’t lie to you; this doesn’t mean much to us, but the "key features" are:
UI Builder improvements in the ADT Plugin:
- New Palette with categories and rendering previews.
- More accurate rendering of layouts to more faithfully reflect how the layout will look on devices, including rendering status and title bars to more accurately reflect screen space actually available to applications.
- Selection-sensitive action bars to manipulate View properties.
- Zoom improvements (fit to view, persistent scale, keyboard access).
- Improved support for layouts, as well as layouts with gesture overlays.
Traceview integration for easier profiling from ADT.
Tools for using the Renderscript graphics engine.
Erm, music to Mobotniks’ ears, no doubt.