Any good free security apps for Android?

Should I be using something like the equivalent of McAfee for my Android phone?

Add a comment

matt101101 / MOD  Sep. 5, 2011 at 17:31

Personally I don't. It's not really necessary to be honest. It's not like a windows computer where you need some kind of protection against viruses and malware etc.

blizzard7  Sep. 5, 2011 at 19:00

Neither do I :) As long as you just visit your regular sites on your phone there's nothing to really worry about.

matt101101 / MOD  Sep. 5, 2011 at 19:04

As with any computing device, avoid any dodgy looking s**t. 99% of virus ridden software can be spotted a mile off, the other 1% is so well coded that I doubt most antivirus programmes would detect it. That's the real bad juju...


You don't need an account to comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.