In both cases, the screenshots show Ice Cream Sandwich running on the Samsung-developed Google Nexus S. I wonder if that's the same thumb in both sets of shots...
Here are some of the key traits noted from the screenshots, along with some info leaked by the sources:
- Blue themed, instead of Gingerbread’s green
- Camera will have a built in panorama mode
- Will launch along with Google Shopper
- Gmail has been rethemed
- Will be available for the Google Nexus S (er, clearly), though the next Nexus (Nexus Prime?) will get the Ice Cream Sandwich treatment first
- Should be compatible with older devices, as the changes are mostly UI-based
- An icon in the bottom right appears to be a tray with several items in it
- Google search bar embedded at the top, Honeycomb-style
With Ice Cream Sandwich, Google aims to unite Android smartphone and tablet users. At the moment most smartphone users are scattered across Eclair, Froyo and Gingerbread, while Android tablets predominantly use Honeycomb.