iOS 7 gets out and about ahead of WWDC

iOS 7 gets out and about ahead of WWDCWow, we’re flying towards some fairly major mobile-related unveilings, with May and June set to pee all over the non-event that was April (March at least had the Samsung Galaxy S4 launch).

One of the major thingies is of course Apple’s annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC for short) in June, and iOS 7-related testing has seemingly been upped in anticipation of the show.

That’s the story according to various websites, including SlashGear, via analysis of their respective inbound traffic.

iOS 7 traffic seemingly materialised around April 29, with 75% of traffic coming from iPhones, and the remaining 25% claimed by iPads.

Unsurprisingly, the majority of iOS 7 traffic is thought to have originated from California, home of Team Apple.

We’re still not entirely sure what to expect from iOS 7, though Sir Jony Ive has reportedly been heavily involved, pushing a more “flat design” - one that might prove “potentially unsettling” for users of iOS in its current form.

We dare say it won’t be radically different. Maybe some homescreens, a bunch of icons… We’d still like to see Apple perform a raid on Cydia for ideas, but we won’t hold our collective breath.

In any case, WWDC 2013 gets underway on June 10, and promises "an in-depth look at the latest in iOS".

Read more about: iOS

Add a comment
3 comments

JanSt / MOD  May. 9, 2013 at 16:13

If they mess it up, it's WP, BB or Symbian for me ... What a future.

barrybarryk  May. 9, 2013 at 16:58

Sounds an awful lot like the language used to describe the differences between Metro and Aero. If I was an iOS user I'd be afraid, then again they've probably just removed the gloss effect on their icons and called it a day

JanSt / MOD  May. 9, 2013 at 18:05

Sounds an awful lot like the language used to describe the differences between Metro and Aero. If I was an iOS user I'd be afraid, then again they've probably just removed the gloss effect on their icons and called it a day

Afaik, it's mostly a redesign of those apps that tried to look like the real thing - notes app that looks like a notepad, calendar that imitates a Filofax etc.... They ditch that for something simpler, less bloaty. Or not... it's all just rumours so far.

Email:

You don't need an account to comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

Comment: