Woah, it’s Attack of the Killer Smartphones.
Now we have an iPhone seemingly spontaneously combusting in a Finnish kid’s pocket.
Conveniently (ahem), the entire episode was caught on camera, just as the kid exits a van and strolls into the middle of the picture. Merely an observation, you understand.
It’s not clear which model of iPhone the kid had, but he tells Finnish news site Kauppalehti that it was “working perfectly” beforehand.
In the case of the Australian iPhone 4, an investigation by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) suggested the incident was caused by a “misplaced screw”.
As for the melted Galaxy S III, Samsung has promised to investigate, however we reckon the presence of the car holder must’ve played some part. In our humble opinion.
Has your smartphone spontaneously combusted in your pocket? Hit us up with a comment.