Back when I penned our Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2015 preview, it was suggested that Microsoft might bring along a couple of new Windows Phone handsets to Barcelona.
Fast-forward a couple of weeks and we now have no less than five model numbers to chew on, though there could be some Android lovin’ in there too. Full story below.
Credit goes to GSMDome, which shares an MWC 2015/Lumia slide thingy from some dudes called AdDuplex.
Bullet points is probably the way to go here:
- Microsoft/Nokia RM-1031: 4in display (480 x 800). This one could be a smaller Nokia XL variant
- Microsoft/Nokia RM-1062, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67: 5.7in display (720p). Possibly a Lumia 13XX device, the Lumia 1320 being 6in 720p
- Microsoft/Nokia RM-1072, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77: 5in display (720p). A midrange Lumia 8XX device?
- Microsoft/Nokia RM-1109, RM-1113: 5in display (720p). Is this the same phone as the RM-1072; perhaps a regional variant thereof?
- Microsoft/Nokia RM-1099: A Lumia 5XX?
Again, the consensus is we shouldn’t expect a new Windows Phone flagship anytime soon. I guess it makes sense to hold off for the Windows 10 launch later this year, which leaves the Nokia Lumia 930 and Lumia 1520 to brawl the iPhone 6 and Android army in the meantime.
For what it’s worth, AdDuplex adds that we shouldn’t expect any new Windows Phones from HTC, Samsung or LG. It’ll be interesting to see if they get onboard with Windows 10, incidentally.