We love a good, uhm, award thingy here on Mobot, and indeed we’ll inevitably put together some sort of Best of Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2015 feature fairly soonish.
In the meantime, let’s turn our attention to Barcelona, and the 20th annual Global Mobile Awards – essentially the Oscars for mobile nerds.
There are over 20 categories in the Global Mobile Awards, with many of the trophies going to companies and apps that non-industry types have likely never heard of.
Incidentally, the awards are for devices, apps and services that were in effect throughout 2014, as opposed to just-announced goodies at MWC.
If you fancy reading the full list, by all means head over to the official Global Mobile Awards site.
Here I’ll focus on a few key winners, specifically these guys:
- BEST MOBILE ENABLED CONSUMER ELECTRONICS DEVICE – ZTE for Smart Projector
- BEST MOBILE GAME APP – Gameloft for Asphalt 8: Airborne
- BEST SMARTPHONE – Apple iPhone 6 and LG G3
- BEST LOW COST SMARTPHONE – Motorola for Moto E
- BEST MOBILE TABLET – Microsoft Surface Pro 3
- BEST WEARABLE MOBILE TECHNOLOGY – Motorola for Moto 360
- BEST SECURITY/ ANTI-FRAUD PRODUCT OR SOLUTION – Samsung for Knox Workspace
Last year’s winners included the HTC One (M7) for Best Smartphone, Nokia Lumia 520 for Best Low Cost Smartphone, and Apple iPad Air for Best Mobile Tablet.