How do I reset my LG G2 to factory default settings?
JanSt / MOD
Nov. 20, 2014 at 15:25
Assuming that your LG G2 is in working order, you can do a factory reset
the easy way by Software Reset:
- First: put your LG G2 in airplane mode and turn off WiFi. Why? Because, with modern smartphones you never know. I have factory reset Android phones, and right after reboot they already start syncing stuff from some online account. Defeats the purpose of a factory reset.
- Next: Hit the Menu key, go to Settings, then General, then Backup and Factory Reset.
Now, obviously, hit Factory Reset.
If your phone's frozen or it won't boot up although it is charged etc etc... in that case you can try a hardware factory reset:
- Take your phone and turn it off if it isn't already off – just press power button and select “power off”. Once it is powered off completely, press volume down button and power button together until the LG logo appears on the screen.
- When the LG logo is displayed, let go of the power button, keep pressing the volume down key and then press once more the power button.
- Once you do that, on your LG G2 the factory reset menu will be displayed.
- Press power button for "Yes" and wait while the hard reset is being completed.
You don't need an account to comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.
Leave a comment and click submit. You can change your username if you like.
Please choose a username, then leave your comment and click submit.
Looks like you're already a member! Please enter your password. If you have forgotten your password, click here.
That username is invalid or already in use. Please try another username.
© 2016 Mobot. All rights reserved.