Well, we're another couple of dozen stories closer to death, and the big news this week was of course... Er, actually, it was pretty much a truckload of entirely random stuff. Check it out below.
Mostest comments was a tie between Phil Schiller: Samsung’s copycat antics have weakened the world’s view of Apple as an innovator and Belfiore says Windows Phone app-gap will be gone by the end of 2014.
Happy weekending, one and all!
- Bloomberg: Samsung to launch phone with ‘three-sided display’ next year
- HTC M8 specs: 5in 1080p display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, Android KitKat? (5)
- Phil Schiller: Samsung’s copycat antics have weakened the world’s view of Apple as an innovator (6)
- Android tablets beat iPad in revenue in Q3, first time ever (4)
- Google Nexus 10: priced £299, made by LG? (2)
- Huawei acknowledges Xiaomi Red Rice, vows to punch with octo-core cheapness
- BlackBerry's 2014 flagships: the BB Z50 and Q30?
- iOS 7.1 features detailed ahead of consumer release
- Samsung happy to have shifted 800,000 Galaxy Gears, but true demand seems low (1)
- New Android camera API supports burst mode, face detection and RAW, ‘Not yet ready’ (4)
- Sony Xperia Z1S pictured next to big brother
- 12.9in iPad Pro rumoured again (2)
- Samsung prepping 2014 smartphones with 560 PPI?
- So-so HP phablet and slightly better HP tablet in the pipeline? (2)
- Nokia shareholders approve sale to Microsoft
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 unveiled, supports 4K video playback (2)
- Porsche Design P'9982: the BlackBerry Z10 gets a £1,400 overhaul (4)
- Is Nintendo prepping an Android tablet?
- Toshiba joins the budget tablet party with the $170 Excite 7
- HTC One KitKat update rolling out ‘from January 2014’
- LG's octacore Odin chipset expected to debut next year
- Belfiore says Windows Phone app-gap will be gone by the end of 2014 (6)
- Google Play’s ‘Designed for tablets’ section goes live (1)
- Ofcom eyes MOD spectrum and more for 5G
- Fresh rumours suggest an 8in Nokia Lumia 2020 tablet is coming in Q1 2014
- Amazon Coins: virtual cash for games, apps and in-app purchases (1)
- Huawei Ascend Mate 2 pics emerge: 6.1in full HD phablet coming in January?