And so ends the week in which, uhm, countless mince pies were consumed. Also: check out the newsage below. It'll blow your freakin' mind, man.
O2 rethinks its 4G pricing strategy picked up the most comments, as we tried to get to the bottom of the free 4G thing. I knew that story was trouble the moment I laid eyes on it.
In the world of apps, I checked out The Snowman and the Snowdog (meh) and Impossible Road (hmmyeah), and later today I'll probably throw together a few hundred words about Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.
Happy weekending, one and all.
- iOS 7 on 74% of iDevices as KitKat Android 4.4 hits 1.1% (6)
- Samsung: 8 and 10in AMOLED tablets in the works?
- Apple rolls out iBeacon tracking thingy in US stores, helps you shop (1)
- Samsung Galaxy J launches in Taiwan
- Is the LG V510 the Google Nexus 8?
- Motorola: Project Ara modular prototype coming real soon
- Qualcomm announces its first 64-bit processor, aimed at entry-level market
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 sales: 10 million in two months (2)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Active to get processor, LTE-A, camera and storage upgrade in Korea?
- App Store first to reach 1 million live apps
- Aldi's £80 LifeTab tablet completely sold out as festive bargain hunters descend
- Facebook contemplating ‘Sympathise’ button (3)
- Nokia RX-115 spotted with full HD 8.3in IPS LCD - the Lumia 2020 tablet?
- LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition lands stateside
- The Nokia Normandy: the Nokia Android smartphone we're destined never to see?
- Asus' cut-size Padfone Mini combo announced in Taiwan (1)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite on its way, will sub-£100 price tag be enough? (2)
- Spotify launches free music streaming to Android and iOS mobile users (2)
- O2 rethinks its 4G pricing strategy (updated) (14)
- Sony conjures up USB flash drive for smartphones and tablets (2)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Crystal Edition: boasts actual crystals (sort of) (4)
- Canonical secures mystery hardware partner for 2014 Ubuntu Touch smartphone, other OEMs interested (3)
- HTC succeeds in One mini injunction appeal, no UK sales ban after all
- LG gives Google Nexus 5 a minor hardware tweak (1)
- Oppo Find 7 confirmed, Find 5 mini seemingly inbound also
- GTA San Andreas lands on App Store, coming to Android and Windows Phone ‘next week’ (2)
- Surprise, surprise: now the LG G2 is being primed for Mini-fication
- Samsung Digital Imaging and Mobile Comms: two become one