And so ends the week with CES 2014 inside it. These trade show things are never quite as exciting as we hope, but this year’s highlights included the long-awaited Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and a bunch of high-end Samsung tablets. Needless to say, it’s all laid out below for your viewing pleasure.
Mostest comments this week went to Thinking the unthinkable: are Samsung's glory days numbered? Hey, it had to end sometime, I guess. Ahem.
Happy weekending, tout le monde.
- Foxconn: iPhone 6 to come in 4.7in and 5.7in flavours (5)
- Acer officially preps Iconia A1-830 and B1-720 tablets for CES 2014
- Proposed Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite specs are suitably unimpressive (13)
- CES 2014: CAT launches the tough-talking B100 feature phone
- CES 2014: Sony Xperia Z1 S specs leaked (again) ahead of today’s launch
- CES 2014: Nvidia reveals Tegra K1 ‘Supercomputing’ processor for mobile, promises PC-level gaming (4)
- Corning announces ‘3D-shaped’ Gorilla Glass, coming soon to an iWatch near you?
- CES 2014: Samsung Galaxy Note 12.2, Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 leaked; big is the new small (5)
- DigiTimes: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite priced $129 (1)
- CES 2014: Alcatel One Touch POP 7 and POP 8 announced, two more entirely uninspiring Android tablets (3)
- CES 2014: ZTE Grand S II dishes up voice control for the masses
- CES 2014: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 has enough battery life for two phones
- CES 2014: Samsung unleashes high-end Galaxy Note Pro 2 12.2 tablet (1)
- Microsoft document hints at a future where you pick your choice of smartphone OS in store (1)
- CES 2014: Archos announces 4G-capable Helium 45 and Helium 50 smartphones
- CES 2014: Samsung Galaxy Tab goes Pro in 12.2in, 10.1in and 8.4in flavours
- CES 2014: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact delivers big specs in small body (3)
- CES 2014: track your life with Sony's tiny wearable Core
- CES 2014: Asus ZenFone 4, 5 and 6 announced, priced from £60 (1)
- CES 2014: Asus PadFone mini announced… again? (1)
- Trio of iWatch problems rumoured, hardly the end of the world (5)
- Motorola announces January 14 event in London: is the Moto X finally on its way? (5)
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo is the Samsung Galaxy Grand Lite, coming to MWC 2014
- Sony Sirius: 5.2in, Snapdragon 800-fuelled Xperia Z1 successor; Sony Castor tablet, too
- Thinking the unthinkable: are Samsung's glory days numbered? (13)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo: world’s first hexa-core smartphone? (5)
- Vodafone to offer Moto G on contract with KitKat Android 4.4.2 update (1)
- EE and Vodafone bringing 4G to Channel Tunnel soonish (6)