Highlight of the week was undoubtedly the launch of the LG G3, it being the first big-name QHD (2560 x 1440) smartphone (no offence to Oppo or Vivo). All eyes are now on Samsung, which will likely launch the Galaxy S5 Prime before the LG G3 goes on sale, while HTC is rumoured to be prepping an HTC One (M8) Plus.
Unsurprisingly, it was the LG G3 launch that garnered the most comments, as the rest of the industry remained predictably quiet. That won't last long, however, with a frankly silly amount of stuff going down in June.
In apps, I checked out the thoroughly controversial Facebook Messenger, and later today I'll publish my thoughts on something called 1Path.
Monday, of course, is Apple's WWDC 2014.
Until then, happy weekending!
- WSJ: Samsung prepping standalone smartwatch – no smartphone required
- CNET: Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 is dead fast (1)
- Vodafone Smart Tab 4: £125 on PAYG, from £29 on contract
- Apple demands retrial, wants billions – not millions (4)
- HTC M8 Ace: plastic but still good looking, headed for 3 June announcement? (1)
- LG G3 full specs revealed by LG itself: only a Snapdragon 801 CPU, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage
- Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro: QHD beast spotted in the wild
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 launch date: September 3? (1)
- What the heck is Asus’ ‘next incredible thing’? (2)
- Samsung's potential answer to the Moto E spotted again (1)
- The LG G3 is finally official: no Snapdragon 805 or 3GB RAM, available from 1 July (13)
- Microsoft cuts Surface Pro 2 prices by £150
- DigiTimes: Foxconn and Pegatron land next-gen iPhone orders (1)
- Oppo N1 mini launching on Friday with 'small' 5in display, same swivelling camera (1)
- Leaked HTC One M8 Ace press shots show phone in red, blue, black, silver
- Apple to live stream ‘exciting announcements’ from WWDC 2014 (2)
- 64-bit Nexus 8 spotted again despite Google's Android Silver plans
- Report: Apple’s iWatch confidence grows; round face, his and hers (1)
- Samsung SIMBAND: ‘Intelligent Digital Health’
- Apple’s Eddy Cue: ‘best product pipeline in 25 years’ coming 2014
- LG to show off 6in QHD display, 700PPI isn’t far off
- HTC One (M8) Plus: ‘highest pixel count to date’, probably not the One (M8) Prime (2)
- The HTC One (M8) Ace is nearly, unofficially, official. In China
- Has HTC pulled the plug on the One (M8) Prime? (1)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Active powers up on AT&T