Highlight of the week was undoubtedly the long-awaited launch of… *trumpet fanfare*… the Amazon Fire Phone. But if you want one, you’ll have to move to the U-nited States of Americuh, boy, and get yo’self on AT&T.
In comments, iOS 8 to introduce tons of manual camera settings took gold, including Jan scolding me for mentioning that the iPhone has technically - technically - had an 8MP rear camera for years. Yeah, we all know it’s about more than megapixels; let’s not fight.
Next week is Google I/O 2014, where we may or may not learn more about the next version of Android, and possibly meet new hardware.
Until then, happy weekending, tout le monde!
- Has Google just teased Android 5.0? (7)
- Let’s talk iPad Air 2 specs: familiar design, 8MP camera, Apple A8 processor (2)
- Samsung brewing foldable tablet-to-smartphone device for early 2015? (2)
- Samsung Galaxy F leaked in Perfect Gold (2)
- New iPad Smart Cover: notification methods detailed in patent filing
- Windows Phone’s Cortana personal assistant eyeing iOS and Android (4)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S priced optimistically, more expensive than iPad (1)
- Hong Kong ‘Apple employees’: Yeah, that was the iPhone 6, and it has a QHD display (1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4’s 5.7in QHD display seemingly confirmed (3)
- Motorola Moto G 4G LTE arriving by end of June. Prob’ly
- LG exec: we’re not making the Google Nexus 6
- Are the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime and Galaxy F two different things?
- Amazon Fire Phone is finally a real thing, but exclusive to AT&T (7)
- Apple iPhone 6 and iWatch rumours abound (1)
- BlackBerry to introduce Amazon App Store with BlackBerry 10.3 this autumn (2)
- iOS 8 to introduce tons of manual camera settings (8)