What. A. Week. I'll resist the temptation to turn Mobot into an impromptu political forum (though mobiles did play their part in recent goings on), and instead focus on... Apple's iPhone 6!
Yep, the iPhone 6 is on sale now having set all sorts of pre-order records, and pretty much the last thing you would've wanted to do is emerge from the Apple store and immediately drop your new purchase in front of the world, right?
Next week we'll meet the BlackBerry Passport, that's on Wednesday, and Jan for one hasn't slept a wink on account of the excitement. Yes, I'm exaggerating here, but only slightly.
In the meantime, happy weekending! Here's what you might've missed:
- Surprise! Apple’s iPhone 6 sets overnight pre-order records (4)
- Motorola Moto X ‘Pure Edition’ says goodbye to carrier bloat (UPDATED) (2)
- LG G Flex 2: smaller display, higher resolution? (1)
- Phones 4u calls it a day as EE and Vodafone abandon ship (4)
- Apple A8: marginally better than Apple A7 (2)
- First Android One phones launch in India, lots more to come
- EE’s Cash on Tap now active on London Tube, DLR and Overground
- Apple iPhone 6: demand to outstrip supply until November? (2)
- HTC's Double Exposure event to focus on the Eye? (1)
- Clove: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 price set at £575 SIM free; no Galaxy Note Edge for UK (6)
- Oppo N3 shows up with freshly tweaked swivelling camera (8)
- Moto Maker UK now live, get building your second-gen Moto X!
- Google’s Android Silver program reportedly grinds to a halt
- Sony Mobile faces £1bn 'goodwill' shortfall (3)
- LG Wine Smart: a clamshell smartphone?
- Samsung to show some selfie love with the Galaxy Grand Prime (1)
- iOS 8 arrives for existing iDevices ahead of iPhone 6 release (2)
- Amazon targets the iPad Air with powerful new Fire HDX 8.9 tablet
- New iPads for 2014 to be announced on October 21?
- Amazon outs new Fire HD 6.0 and Fire HD 7.0, prices start at £79 (1)
- EE revises its SIM only plans: wee bit cheaper, cheeky incentives
- Apple iPhone 6 on sale now, don’t drop it on the pavement (1)
- Porsche Design is back, this time with the BlackBerry Q10-based P'9983 (1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 to get Android L by late November? (1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 pre-orders open ahead of 10 October availability (2)
- Tizen latest: first phone in November, not the Samsung Z? (1)