September was a crazy month for new releases, largely thanks to Apple and IFA, and BlackBerry saw us out this week with the Passport. As Martin wrote: "It somehow manages to accommodate both a square 4.5in display and a full QWERTY keyboard without looking completely ridiculous."
The most discussed articles this week were iOS 8: not such a big deal? (a notion put forth by yours truly), and Apple iPhone 6: best smartphone camera ever ever ever?
Next week we're into October, which means it won't be long before the new iPads, Google Nexus 6 (Motorola), Nexus 9 (HTC), and Android L.
Until next week, happy weekending!
- Vodafone acquires 140 Phones 4u stores, but redundancies hit Newcastle HQ
- Samsung Galaxy A5 pictured, looks a bit like an iPhone 5s (1)
- Google Nexus 9 tipped to arrive alongside ‘tube-shaped’ waterproof camera
- WSJ: Google aiming to avoid Android tablet monopoly with HTC-built Nexus 9
- Google Nexus 4 Android L update on the cards?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 price to drop 34% in 3 months? (4)
- iPhone 6 sets new sales record in opening weekend, humiliates Samsung Galaxy S5 (6)
- Android M: already being discussed by developers (1)
- iPad Air 2 next month, iPad mini 3 in 2015? (5)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date brought forward as consumers go iPhone 6 crazy
- Amazon launches Spotify/Netflix-style Kindle Unlimited in UK
- Apple not ‘shutting down’ Beats Music, but rebranding imminent
- BlackBerry Passport: BB back in business, but is it enough? (4)
- HTC promises ‘something remarkable’ at Double Exposure
- Tesco's 'enhanced' Hudl 2 tablet coming on 3 October (1)
- iPhone 6 Plus: a little bit bendy? Faulty units to be replaced (3)
- Google Nexus 6: a bigger second-gen Moto X with beastly specs? (1)
- Galaxy Note Edge: Samsung only planning to sell 1m this year (1)
- Phones 4u can’t refund iPhone 6 pre-orders, mass email blunder adds to the misery
- Apple iPhone 6: best smartphone camera ever ever ever? (8)
- More Android One phones in December, January