What happened this week? The 0-10 Oakland Raiders beat the 7-3 Kansas City Chiefs; that was pretty weird. We won’t dwell too much on Scotland vs. England in the soccerball; that was just a friendly.
In mobile (that is, after all, why we’re here), Nokia surprised us with an Android Lollipop tablet, the N1, and Finnish startup Jolla secured over $1m in three days for its own take on the tablet thing.
In further wordage, we looked at How to access US South Park Studios from your UK Android smartphone or tablet, Four of the best phones under £150, and Five of the best fitness apps for iPhone, iPad and Android.
Next week is a mystery, such is the beauty of life. Maybe some phones will see the Android Lollipop update, if we’re lucky.
In the meantime, here’s what you might’ve missed:
- Nokia's back! iPad mini-loving N1 tablet announced with Android 5.0 Lollipop (19)
- iPhone 7 specs: DSLR-level camera? (3)
- Samsung to reduce smartphone models by up to 30% (4)
- Jolla launches IndieGoGo campaign for Sailfish-rockin’ Tablet, target almost hit already (UPDATED) (3)
- Google Nexus 6 UK release finally on the horizon (9)
- No more ‘Free’ apps on the App Store, but you can still ‘Get’ them (2)
- Huawei Honor 3C: 5in 720p, 8MP/5MP, quad-core, 2GB RAM, £110 (2)
- BlackBerry Rio: high-end, all-touch, launching 2015?
- Gorilla Glass 4: drop your phone from 1m and the screen (probably) won’t smash