What. A. Week. Utterly dominated by Black Friday, of course, and this year the UK embraced the tradition headlong, with the in-store brawling and the melting of websites. Things have calmed down a little now, but there’s always Cyber Monday…
In mobile news, BT appears to be on the verge of acquiring O2 or EE, though The Telegraph adds that Three might “gatecrash” the takeover party. Meanwhile, Jan mourned the imminent demise of the iPhone 5c.
In further wordage, I looked at the Top 7 TV/movie/entertainment apps for iPhone, iPad and Android, How to display your iPhone signal strength in numbers (as opposed to bars), and Seven of the best UK SIM only deals.
Next week is December. DECEMBER. Which means CES and MWC rumours galore.
In the meantime, here’s the week’s mobile news:
- Google Nexus 6 has a hidden RGB LED for notifications (1)
- WSJ: Samsung contemplating ‘major leadership shake-up’ (2)
- Galaxy Core Prime: another Samsung smartphone certified for duty (1)
- Sony: the latest manufacturer to figure ‘less is more’ (3)
- BlackBerry: trade your iPhone for a Passport and get up to $600
- Apple to kill iPhone 5c before its second birthday? (4)