Over the past few days, there's been a lot of buzz around potential nominees for the annual Matty Awards. Google is being tipped for Big Corporations Being Nice To Real People after giving pre-order customers free Nexus Qs, while Pondlife is expected to receive a nod for his "Mr Kettle I have Mr Pot on the line for you" quip.
In actual news, er, I can't remember. Good thing I've listed all 40-odd slabs of news below, in some sort of chronological menu type thing.
The most commented on story was the BlackBerry 10 licensing thingy. Again, without poring over them all, I can only assume each and every comment was on topic, with nary a word spoken about cats or the Irish or Irish cats.
As always, comment numbers follow in brackets. A sexy weekend to one and all.
- Samsung prepping a twin-SIM QWERTY handset with direct ChatON button (1)
- Sony: don't expect any QWERTY-based Xperia phones anytime soon
- HTC explains Desire HD Ice Cream Sandwich decision (8)
- Microsoft admits that Surface might upset Windows 8 partners (6)
- Zuckerberg: Facebook phone ‘wouldn’t make sense’ (11)
- New iPhone 5 pics: the best ones yet? (3)
- Universal search returns to Samsung Galaxy S III (1)
- Microsoft Surface RT release date confirmed: October 26 (1)
- ZTE Grand X lands early on Phones4U (11)
- Samsung Windows Phone 8 debutantes revealed
- BlackBerry PlayBook 10in pops up in Vietnam
- Apple rumour bonanza: mid-September for the iPhone 5, plus could we be looking at a new iPad mini AND iPad regular? (9)
- Windows Phone Mango-rocking Samsung Omnia M hits the UK tomorrow via Phones4U (1)
- Samsung planning 11.8in Retina Display-busting P10 tablet, Apple-Samsung case reveals (4)
- RIM workforce to drop by another 3,000 in the next month (1)
- Sony Xperia 2011 Jelly Bean announcement ‘yet to be made’ (3)
- Mystery HP tablet shows up in new advert: the Slate 8?
- Sony Xperia Tablet leaked in massive detail (1)
- Archos 97 Carbon: 9.7in tablet now available for £230 (8)
- Thomson X-View-2 is a 5.3in smartphone (4)
- How to balance the work-home life in an ever connected world (1)
- Even more confusion over Sony's Xperia Android upgrade plans (1)
- iPhone 5 launch date: September 12?
- Ice Cream Sandwich for UK Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
- Free Google Nexus Q for pre-order customers (3)
- Sir Jonathan Ive: we almost ditched the iPhone (13)
- Sony LT29i Hayabusa teases 13MP camera skills in Chinese preview
- Huawei still planning world domination, 60 million smartphones at a time
- Samsung Galaxy Pocket coming to Three (2)
- The iPad is losing out to Android. Or is it? (10)
- Motorola Razr HD pics leaked (1)
- Ice Cream Sandwich pushing 16% as Jelly Bean arrives (4)
- Nokia promotes pink Lumia 900 with pink nail polish (16)
- Sony Xperia SL snapped in new colours (8)
- How good is the Nokia 808 PureView's camera? Good as Gold, says DPReview (10)
- RIM CEO Heins: we're not in trouble, in fact we might even license BlackBerry 10 (33)
- Microsoft in sudden Metro interface about-face (2)
- RIM's 4G LTE BlackBerry PlayBook tablet breaks cover (3)
- Windows 8 final release leaked (4)
- Masses of Samsung evidence binned (5)
- HTC predicting lousy Q3 results (13)
- Archos G10 announcement in three weeks (3)
- The Galaxy Note 2 will officially launch at IFA 2012 on August 29. Maybe (11)