Happy New Year and stuff, kids. Er, even though I’ve written tons of junk since we landed in space year 2012AD. But I always get really sentimental when I’m writing these reviews of the week. I’m not entirely sure why…
Anyway! Here’s the first review thingy of the year. Did anything particularly interesting happen this week? Hmm, I can’t bloody remember. Just as well I’m about to provide a full menu of the week's events complete with hyperlinkage and comment numbers in brackets. I'm good like that.
Oh, and welcome to Livven, and welcome back Phil - who just returned from a massive two-week bender. He didn't sleep a wink.
- Nokia N9 gets hefty price cut, now cheaper than the Lumia 800 (1)
- LG to show off Intel-powered smartphone at CES? (5)
- Siri tells kid to “Shut the f**k up” (1)
- Will someone else make the Kindle Fire 2?
- Sony Tablet S gets some early 2012 discount action (2)
- McAfee: mobile banking a target in 2012
- Sammo trademarks “Samsung Core” smartphones and tablets (4)
- Android open? “Clopen”, more like! (2)
- More Asus Eee Memo Pad leakies (1)
- Apple to “lose its cool factor” in 2012? Meh (20)
- Guy makes Windows Phone 7 tablet
- New record: app downloads top a billion for the first time last week
- RIM duo Lazaridis and Balsillie to be forced to step down?
- Samsung announces spectacularly average Galaxy Ace Plus (17)
- Nokia Lumia 900 specs leaked (1)
- LG sneaks Optimus 2 onto US site
- Ice Cream Sandwich for Asus Transformer Prime coming January 12 (1)
- INQ abandons Cloud Q, focusing on "future products"
- Sony Ericsson promises 'something big' for CES. The Xperia Arc HD perhaps? (6)
- Another new Samsung: say hello to the Galaxy M (3)
- HTC to solve slump with Tegra 3 smartphones at MWC (9)
- Google to take on Amazon Kindle Fire with 7in budget tablet? (20)
- Amazon Kindle Fire’s Silk browser hacked for other Android devices (1)
- Samsung: full Ice Cream Sandwich definitely not coming to Galaxy S or Galaxy Tab
- iPad app downloads hit 3bn, nearly seven times as much as all Android tablets combined (10)
- Say hello to the Year of the Dragon by giving £17K to Vertu (18)
- Motorola unveils pocket-friendly Motoluxe and Defy Mini Android phones (1)
- Nokia Lumia 710: start your pre-order engines at Clove
- RIM’s CES and MWC plans revealed (2)
- Arieso: data demand “accelerating beyond expectations”
- Windows Phone to grab 13% market share in 2012? (5)
- More iPad 3 specs revealed (3)
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus to come in 32GB and white versions (3)
- Apple iPhone 5 'most anticipated gadget of 2012' (38)