This week, in le monde de mobile telecoms, we cast our eyes back over Q1, thanks to various earnings calls and stats from analysts and stuff. Turns out the first quarter of 2013 was pretty sweet for mobile, with smartphones outselling feature phones for the first time ever.
Mostest comments goes to the Nokia Asha 210 story, with the Finns releasing what is effectively the world's first Whatsapp phone. Facebook, like heroin, is so passe.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is out now (more on this later!). Actually, I should probably go play with one...
Happy weekending, punks.
- Mid-range HTC M4 shipping in June? (3)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 shipments to hit 30 million in Q2? Samsung Galaxy S4 mini delayed? (5)
- LG readying 32GB Nexus 4 with LTE for Google I/O? (2)
- Nokia teases QWERTY phone launch, prob’ly not a Lumia QWERTY (6)
- Google Play still miles behind App Store in revenue (5)
- Bad news: BadNews Google Play malware downloaded millions of times
- Facebook Home nets 500,000+ Google Play downloads
- Samsung Galaxy Note III: unbreakable, flexible 6in plastic display? (1)
- EE: 318,000 4G customers and counting (6)
- More HTC One woes: preliminary injunction pertaining to mics made exclusively for Nokia (1)
- Reuters serves more Apple-flavoured doom and gloom (1)
- DigiTimes: Samsung grabs 30% of Q1 2013 smartphone market as shipments soar (2)
- Microsoft Surface Pro on sale in the UK by end of May (3)
- Hands-free texting while driving just as dangerous as using your fingers, study finds (1)
- Tim Cook: ‘exciting new products’ and ‘more surprises’ coming soon, but no big-screen iPhone (3)
- Selfridges bags BlackBerry Q10 exclusive for a few days, looks to empty your wallet (6)
- Nokia launches Asha 210 - the Whatsapp phone (11)
- HTC One update enhances camera-related features (5)
- BBC iPlayer Radio app for Android: ‘even better’ than the iOS version (1)
- Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie delayed 'by 2-4 months'? (9)
- WWDC 2013 begins June 10, but should we expect iOS 7? (1)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 supply shortages expected for ‘weeks’, blame ‘overwhelming global demand’ (2)
- LG promises smartphone with flexible display for Q4
- Acer Liquid E2 ready to make a splash (4)
- Motorola X-Phone benchmarked with Key Lime Pie Android 5.0.1?
- Is Samsung lining up a ruggedised Galaxy S4? (1)
- May 14: next-gen Lumia(s) to be unveiled (2)
- Google points at Facebook, bans non-Google Play app updates for Android
- DisplayMate: Samsung Galaxy S4 display trumps S3, ties iPhone 5 (4)
- IDC: more smartphones than feature phones shipped in Q1 2013, first time ever (1)