Another relatively quiet week in the world of mobile, but April was the calm before the proverbial storm. See, among other things, we’re expecting new Nokia Lumia smartphones on May 14, and the following day Google I/O gets underway. Splendid.
In the meantime, the thing that got you talking mostest this week was Martin’s controversial BlackBerry Q10 PR fluff story, with my favourite comments being “Now you can have it all and more”, and “You don't like the fact that Blackberry is back? Too bad. They are BACK!” Great stuff.
Next week threatens to be another quiet one, but like I say, things are sure to pick up shortly thereafter.
Happy weekending, chaps.
- Rugged Galaxy S4 to be called the 'Active', Samsung also lining up 8in Galaxy Tab for June? (1)
- UK networks talk Samsung Galaxy S4 delays (6)
- Sony Xperia ZR specs leaked, sits somewhere between Xperia Z and Xperia SP (4)
- Samsung announces Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, looks like it can make calls (1)
- Four more Samsung tablets on the way: Galaxy Tab Duos 7.0, Galaxy Tab 8.0, Galaxy Tab 11, Nexus 11 (1)
- Jelly Bean Android 4.3 launch set for Google I/O?
- Google Glass adopts ancient 2011 smartphone chip (2)
- Microsoft planning holographic calls, enterprise first – then Skype? (5)
- Selfridges PR fluff accompanies BlackBerry Q10's UK arrival (16)
- Chat now bigger than SMS, but there's life in the old dog yet (5)
- Sony Togari and Honami rumoured: full HD screens, full on specs
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 imposter revealed as Star N9589 (3)
- Google Now comes to iOS via Google Search (2)
- Jony Ive’s iOS 7: ‘potentially unsettling’ for existing users? (4)
- BlackBerry Q10 sales projection: ‘tens of millions’, says Heins (11)
- HTC M4: HTC One on the outside, modest specs inside?
- Three Samsung Galaxy Note 3 prototypes being considered? (1)
- Google I/O 2013 to feature three-hour keynote
- What HP did next: a 10in quad-core Android tablet?
- Will iOS 7 be ready in time for WWDC? (3)
- Sony Xperia SP delayed, now expected mid-May (1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 specs: 8-core CPU and GPU? (1)
- Global tablet shipments for Q1 show Microsoft lurking just behind usual suspects (4)
- DigiTimes: second-gen Microsoft Surface launch in June?
- Android distribution update: Jelly Bean surpasses Ice Cream Sandwich
- HTC drowns rubbish Q1 results in HTC One-fuelled Q2 optimism
- B&N Nook HD gets unforked, now an Android tablet bargain? (3)
- BlackBerry R10 pictured in red plastic, tipped for Q3 launch (2)
- Apple nears 50 billion App Store downloads, $35,000 up for grabs (3)
- Features consume almost half of Samsung Galaxy S4’s 16GB internal storage (12)
- Google has a ‘Chief Game Designer’. For some reason… (4)
- Acer eyes budget tablet market with £145 Iconia A1