I’m struggling to put my finger on a prevailing theme or happening this week. Lots of product launches (four, by my count) on Monday, I guess, and a dash of moaning about fingerprint scanners.
Most comments goes to iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C sales: nine million in the first weekend; 200 million iOS 7 updates, largely thanks to a hilarious Apple-hating troll, who questioned the validity of one statistic before delivering an entirely-made-up figure of his own. Welcome to Mobot, sir.
In the world of apps, Infinity Blade III was unsurprisingly great, Grand Theft Auto V: The Manual proved to be an interesting read, and Asphalt 8: Airborne was technically sexy but full of freemium nonsense (in addition to the 69p entry fee).
In the world of deals, you might fancy hitting up Tesco where promo code TDX-PWG3 gets you £20 off (valid until tomorrow). Top tips include the Samsung Galaxy S3 (£264), Google Nexus 7 2013 (£179 or £219), and Nokia Lumia 920 (£200).
Happy weekending, tout le monde!
- A very black Friday for BlackBerry
- iPhone 5S Touch ID fooled by fake fingerprint (3)
- Cyanogen pairs with Oppo, eyes third place in the smartphone OS race (6)
- Tesco Hudl: £119 Clubcard-fueled quad-core wonder-slab (6)
- Kit Kat confirms October Android 4.4 release date (1)
- LG Vu 3 launched in Korea, still doing the 4:3 thing
- Oppo N1: rotating 13MP camera, 5.9in display, quad-core, rear touch panel, O-Click remote control, Color OS, Cyanogen-friendly (4)
- Microsoft Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 tablets officially announced (4)
- Nokia Sirius tablet launching on October 22 as the Lumia 2520?
- BlackBerry given $4.7bn buyout lifeline (1)
- Microsoft Surface 2 4G LTE model coming, but only next year
- iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C sales: nine million in the first weekend; 200 million iOS 7 updates (13)
- Coming soon: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Active with flexible display? (12)
- HTC One mini supply issues make quarterly loss even more likely (5)
- Nokia's October 22 event revealed as Nokia World in Abu Dhabi
- Amazon Kindle Fire HDX tablets unveiled alongside cheaper Kindle Fire HD (1)
- Amazon Fire OS 3.0: Mojito detailed (2)
- Microsoft Surface 2 mini tipped to feature 7.5in 4:3 display (4)
- What's better than a gold iPhone 5S? TWO gold Galaxy S4s, that's what (12)
- Nokia lining up six new devices for Nokia World (3)
- Samsung working on ultra-premium Galaxy F line to launch next year? (10)
- Apple again said to be testing larger 12in iPad
- Nokia plotting Alcatel-Lucent buyout with Microsoft sale proceeds?
- Don’t expect a fingerprint scanner on the Samsung Galaxy S5 (4)
- Gmail for Android updated, three new features
- Forty million Galaxy Notes shipped to date, but lukewarm reception for Note 3? (10)