Highlight of the week in mobile was the long-awaited Google Nexus 5 launch, and indeed it's available to buy right now, albeit with slightly less wallet-friendliness than rumoured. Of course, that means KitKat Android 4.4 is very much a reality, too.
Next week, we're looking forward to some clarification on the BlackBerry buyout saga, and perhaps the iPad mini Retina release date.
The story what got the mostest comments was this: Nokia scores patent win over HTC, could see the HTC One withdrawn in the UK.
Happy weekending, tout le monde!
- BlackBerry speaks out against suspicious BBM reviews on Google Play
- Japan Display teases WQHD 1440 x 2560 mobile display (8)
- Phonebloks: the future of mobile phones? (6)
- LG G Flex: first ‘real’ curved smartphone, comes with ‘Self Healing’ (4)
- Google Nexus 5 launch: November 1?
- Pope scores 10m twitter followers #religion #lol (4)
- Why no gold iPad Air or iPad mini? Apple thought it 'just didn't look good' (2)
- Apple’s fiscal Q4: record iPhone sales, revenue up, profit down (3)
- Tim Cook: ‘It’s going to be an iPad Christmas’ – for those that can find one
- Motorola likes the modular phone idea (7)
- Is Samsung cooking up a Galaxy S4 Active Mini? (1)
- Nokia sells a record 8.8m Lumias in Q3, posts modest profit (4)
- Hinge-tastic Lenovo Yoga tablet arrives in 8in and 10in guises (3)
- Motorola Moto G outed briefly on the web
- iPhone 5s battery defect acknowledged by Apple
- WSJ: Google smartwatch ‘ready within months’?
- Facebook contemplating BlackBerry buyout? (1)
- Samsung claims 5 million Galaxy Note 3 sales in a month (2)
- iPhone 6 release date: September 2014! 5in display! 11 months to go! (1)
- Android KitKat likes low-end phones and wearable tech (4)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 12.2 in the pipeline? (1)
- Apple iPad mini with Retina Display on sale on November 21?
- At last! LG announces the Google Nexus 5, and you can buy it now (9)
- Nokia scores patent win over HTC, could see the HTC One withdrawn in the UK (10)
- KitKat Android 4.4 is a real thing, loves entry-level hardware (3)
- O2 announces super-complex 4G ‘Pay & Go Go Go’ options (1)
- ZTE Blade Q: available in three size options from the start
- Amazon smartphone arriving 2Q14 with 3D gesture and eye-tracking input?
- FAA says it's safe to use gadgets in 'all phases' of flights (3)
- The pink Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is here! (1)
- Motorola Moto G image and specs leaked (1)