Another week, another ton of mobile news and deals, with a dash of spicy feature action for good measure.
With Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2015 right around the corner, the focus has very much been on the imminent Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge, and the HTC One M9 and One M9 Plus.
Starting with Samsung's next flagship, we heard (deep breath) that the Galaxy S6 launch date will be Sunday, March 1 (just three weeks from today!); Galaxy S6 price will start at €749; Galaxy S6 colours will be dark blue, blue-green, white and gold; and finally we had some leaked Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge pics.
As for HTC's next big thing, the One M9 Plus is rumoured to come with a 5.2in QHD display, which suggests the plain old One M9 might be 5in 1080p. HTC will get one up on Samsung in Barcelona, launching the One M9 2.5 hours before the Galaxy S6.
But hey! It's not all about Samsung and HTC. Microsoft, Motorola, Oppo and Sony all confirmed they'll release Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 flagships later this year. And speaking of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810, the much-discussed overheating issues have supposedly been resolved.
Ending with a spot of comedy, how about the Scottish hairdresser who ran up a bill of £1,200 on EE, on account of emoticons being treated as MMS messages? EE is barely flinching, saying it's a phone issue, not a network one. It'll knock off £100 for bill shock, but that still leaves the small matter of £1,100. Eek.
Oh! And not forgetting this week's features, including Seven ways to get caught cheating on your smartphone, Five of the best phones under £100, and Virgin Mobile's unlimited everything SIM only deal: any good?.
Next week, expect loads more on the Samsung Galaxy S6 and HTC One M9.
In the meantime, here's the week's mobile news in full:
- Is your smartphone use driving your partner to cheat?
- Super Bowl winner correctly predicted by Windows Phone Cortana (2)
- Why are we still liable for charges incurred by stolen phones?
- Dixons Carphone to launch MVNO on Three this Spring
- Motorola Moto G 2014 LTE vs. Motorola Moto G 2014
- How many Android devices are running Lollipop? Not many (1)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 launch date official: March 1
- HTC One M9 Plus specs: just a 5.2in display, not 5.5in?
- Microsoft, Sony, Motorola, Oppo confirm Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 flagships
- Samsung Galaxy S6 price: €749 rising to €1,049 for the biggest S Edge? (1)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 colours: dark blue, blue-green, gold, white?
- Sony: 12 million Xperia smartphones sold in Q4, $80 million profit
- Samsung Galaxy S6 chassis revealed in all its iPhone 6-like glory
- Xiaomi coming to America… NEXT WEEK?!
- Oppo R5 UK price: £296.99 on Amazon, pre-order now for a free Flash Charge power bank!
- It’s official: BT to buy EE for £12.5bn
- HTC One M9 launch: a couple of hours before Samsung Galaxy S6
- One M9 pics: is this HTC’s next flagship in gold?
- First Windows 10 (for phone) screenshots emerge
- Report: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 overheating issues solved
- Sad face: mother ‘raging’ at £1,200 mobile bill incurred by emoticons (1)
- Drones attempting to sneak pictures of new Star Wars film
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge pictured as both names are trademarked
- Windows 10 Technical Preview running on just 512MB of RAM? Plus! More Windows 10 screenshots