Apple reckoned it had some 775,000 apps available as of January this year, so we’ll leave the salt to the side when AppHero suggests that the App Store has hit 800,000.
In celebration, AppHero has put together an interesting App Store infographic, chock full of stats and that.
AppHero credits Apple’s "Enterprise Partner Feed", and seems fairly confident that the figures are correct.
Speaking to Pocket-lint, App Hero founder Jordan Satok bellowed: "AppHero is constantly monitoring the App Store to help recommend the best apps to our users. We look at tons of different factors when doing our recommendations and wanted to share some interesting stats at this milestone."
And here are some of those interesting stats:
- 20.8% of the 800,000 apps are games
- 56.2% of iOS apps are free
- 850+ new apps each day
- 28.8% optimised for iPhone and iPad
- 206,874 developers have apps in the App Store
- Each developer has an average of 3.8 apps
- Only 1,639 apps have 50+ ratings and an average of 5 stars
- 2,400 racing games
- 2,300 Sudoku games
For the full App Store infographic, head over to AppHero.
And while we're on the subject of the App Store, it's interesting to note that many of the highest grossing apps remain free. Just saying.