As the “quad” market intensifies (BT is grabbing EE, Sky is on the lookout, Virgin Media is already there), TalkTalk – which also offers TV, broadband and home phone – is sexing up its SIM only mobile options.
The headline is the £3.75 per month offering, which TalkTalk proudly declares the UK’s cheapest SIM only deal.
Being on the ball as we are (*flexes muscles*), TalkTalk’s SIM only offerings are already listed on our Best UK SIM only deals feature (which includes 90+ UK SIM only options alongside network extras and cashback offers), but here we’re drilling a little deeper.
For starters, here are TalkTalk’s UK SIM only deals in full:
1 month (currently double data)
- TalkTalk V – 100 minutes, 250 texts, 200MB data, 3G, £5 @ Talk Talk
12 months (all currently double data)
- TalkTalk S – 300 minutes, 250 texts, 250MB data, £7.50 @ TalkTalk
- TalkTalk S - 250 minutes, 250 texts, 300MB data, £3.75 (half price) @ TalkTalk
- TalkTalk M - 500 minutes, unlimited texts, 700MB data, £12.50 @ TalkTalk
- TalkTalk M - 400 minutes, unlimited texts, 1GB data, £6.25 (half price) @ TalkTalk
- TalkTalk L - 1,000 minutes, unlimited texts, 1.4GB data, £15 @ TalkTalk
- TalkTalk L - 700 minutes, unlimited texts, 2GB data, £7.50 (half price) @ TalkTalk
- TalkTalk XL - 2,000 minutes, unlimited texts, 4GB data, £20 @ TalkTalk
So, confusingly, with each of the TalkTalk S, TalkTalk M and TalkTalk L options, you can pay twice as much (i.e. the standard price) to get a few more minutes and less data. Er, we’ll pass on that, thanks.
Joking aside, the prices are pretty reasonable, particularly when you take those 50% off and double data promotions into account.
TalkTalk uses the Vodafone network, though be aware that there’s no 4G coverage just yet - only 2G and 3G.
More importantly, and disappointingly, you'll have to be a TalkTalk customer already before taking advantage of their SIM only deals.
Again, for more context, hit up our Best UK SIM only deals article.