Can I transfer my number from a 2G SIM to a 3G one?

I've had an old 2G SIM for a while. Need to get new 3G SIM for my new phone - does that mean I'll lose my number?

Add a comment
 1 comment

mrew42  Jul. 26, 2011 at 12:25

Is your 2G sim PAY-G or contract?
If you are moving to a different network then you'll need to request the PAC number to give to your 'new' network, that will allow them to take your number with you. Alternatively if you're staying with the same network, just call customer services and they'' be able to provide you with a 3G sim (that you may need to register) that can use the same number.


You don't need an account to comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.