Argh! Minor Wi-Fi emergency this morning. As such, I’ll have to crank out this week’s edition of “The week in review” in record time. Set phasers to copy&paste and… go!
Wow, that’s us into December now. We expect things will remain fairly quiet until CES in January, now that we’ve got the iPhone 4S, iOS 5, Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Ice Cream Sandwich.
Anyways, here’s what happened this week...
EDIT: with the number of comments in brackets, yas! Finally the dream becomes a reality. Ahem.
- Mystery LG tablet shows its face: the Optimus Pad 2?
- T-Mobile announces budget ZTE-built Vivacity
- Big shopping mall is watching you (1)
- No Infinity Blade for Android, developer fears piracy (26)
- Free BlackBerry PlayBooks for enterprise peeps
- HTC’s 3G range facing ban from German shelves (12)
- Sharp to supply LCD panels for iPad 3
- Motorola Droid 4 specs leaked
- Cheap as Bluechips Android handset at Tesco (1)
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich brought to the HTC HD2 (11)
- HTC promises more for 2012 as clouds start to gather (20)
- LG announces Android ICS upgrade timetable for Optimus line (3)
- Acer launches NFC-equipped Liquid Express (5)
- Samsung Wave 3 lands in Europe (3)
- Motorola Xoom 2 arriving this week (3)
- Survey: 80% of consumers not interested in Facebook phone (4)
- iOS 5.1 released to developers
- October sees iPhone 4S blitz the smartphone field (2)
- Gingerbread finally arrives for the Moto Milestone 2 (1)
- Apple iPhone 4 catches fire on flight (2)
- Nokia Lumia 800 selling quite well, actually (7)
- Lenovo LePhone K2 revealed, sounds alright
- Microsoft aims to lure Android and iOS peeps with HTML5 WP7 demo
- Google Maps now works indoors (1)
- Motorola launches MOTOACTV Android running watch
- Microsoft readying Office apps for the iPad?
- HP to decide webOS' fate 'within two weeks' (5)
- Adobe promises Galaxy Nexus Flash arriving in December
- BlackBerry to name its debut BBX device 'the Surfboard'? (5)
- 50GB free Box.net storage for Xperia and LG owners (4)
- Design your Mobotnik avatar (new advanced features) (23)
- Infinity Blade II lands on the App Store (1)
- Samsung unveils Exynos 5250 dual-core 2GHz chip (8)
- Asus Eee Pad MeMo finally expected in January (1)
- RIM: perhaps the end is not nigh after all
- Nokia's dual-SIM X2-02 strikes up a tune (2)
- iPhone 4S is the bestest, say iPhone 4S owners (2)
- Windows Phone the top mobile platform for advertisers (2)
- Sony Ericsson Nozomi “official” render leaks (1)
- Samsung Apple mockery continues (2)
- Gingerbread distribution reaches 50% (5)
- FIFA 12 drops on Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
- Apple insists Siri is not anti-abortion (3)
- Carrier IQ: Providers try to distance themselves (2)