Woman electrocuted in bath by charging iPhone

Woman electrocuted in bath by charging iPhoneI’m putting my trademark sarcasm/terrible sense of humour aside here for a moment, with some genuinely sad news.

A 24-year-old woman has been found dead in Russia, after dropping her on-charge iPhone 4 in the bath.

Moscow resident Evgenia Sviridenko was reportedly looking at VKontakte - the Russian Facebook, essentially - when her iPhone fell in the water.

She was found shortly thereafter by roommate Yaroslav Dubinina, 23, who realised Evgenia had been silent for a long time.

“I noticed that she had been gone a while, and when I couldn’t raise her I opened the door and saw her floating on the water looking pale,” explains Dubinina.

“I saw her phone which was on charge at the bottom of the bath. Her body was still shaking from the shock.”

Police are currently investigating why the charger didn’t automatically cut out. It’s not yet clear if Miss Sviridenko’s iPhone 4 was attached to a third-party charger, or an official licensed Apple product.

The news comes just days after a 16-year-old was electrocuted in Russia, having taken her on-charge iPhone into the shower.

Add a comment
 1 comment

jb66  Feb. 15, 2015 at 07:08

How can 5v 2.1a kill you?


You don't need an account to comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.