lknsmith

Is it worth waiting a few months for a possible update of the HTC Desire HD, or should I go ahead and buy the HD now?

Add a comment
2 comments

JanSt / MOD  Apr. 3, 2011 at 20:17

There are a number of discussions about this and similar dilemmas featuring different phones.
Try the phone, and if you like it, if you can afford it, buy it.
By the time the HTC Desire HD 'update' is out, they will already have announced/leaked another 'update and so on et cetera ad absurdum.
There is always something better just a few weeks from launch.

Alternatively, try something else? Sony Ericsson's Arc is in the shops now.
It has Android 2.3 out of the box, a gorgeous screen... but of course, something better is just about to be released ;)

hard123  Apr. 4, 2011 at 10:14

Let's be real here. Whichever phone you plump for will be surpassed in the next 12 months by bigger and better tech; so ultimately you need to weigh up price points and the pro's and cons of each model.

(appears im quiffing the above poseter a tad)

The market is being flooded with the next generation of android toting phones this summer. So personally I'd hold off for the next months and let the dust settle; as theres no way all these 'stellar' handsets will live up to potential and reputation and you don't want that one that doesn't. So yeah, personally; I'd hold fire for the the next few months.

Email:

You don't need an account to comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

Comment: