Over the years, various surveys have shown how much we’ve come to rely on our mobile phones, with people shamelessly declaring that they’d rather go without booze or chocolate or coffee than give up their mobile telecoms device.
One recent survey, however, takes the proverbial biscuit, with the key takeaway being that a whopping 94% of young Brits would give up sex for seven days before their mobiles. Kids, you obviously ain’t doin’ it right.
That’s the word according to MobileInsurance.co.uk, having polled 2,571 UK adults between 18 and 30 – all of which were in relationships. How romantic.
When asked to put a value on their mobile, 65% of respondents said they ‘couldn’t live without it’, while 22% said they were ‘very dependent’.
At the opposite end of the scale, 10% said they could ‘take it or leave it’, while a measly 2% said they could ‘easily live without it’.
Asked what they’d rather give up for seven days in order to keep their beloved mobiles at hand, the respondents said:
- Sex – 94%
- TV/Film – 82%
- Car – 71%
- My partner – 62%
- Bed – 55%
- Money – 47%
- Basic meals – 45%
- House – 32%
- Any other human contact – 23%
- Own children – 9%
Jason Brockman, Director of MobileInsurance.co.uk, observes that despite our apparently heavy reliance upon our mobiles, only 12% have insurance. Needless to say, Jason will be happy to hook the remaining 88% up.
via: mobile entertainment